Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter readers

Apologies for the lack of posts this week it's been a busy one.  The girls and I have been busy with lots of lovely Easter crafts.  I had hoped to share these with you throughout the week but I'm sorry to say it just didn't happen.  So here is a round up of this weeks activities. 

Every year we make Easter bonnets not for competitions (I don't know of any) but just for fun and my girls always wear them to Church on Easter morning.  This year we found this pink hat in a charity shop.

Before
We added these fabric flowers which cost £2 in total and I've plenty left over for another hat.  My eldest daughter is thrilled with it and I have to say I'm quite envious, tee he!

After
We've done lots of cooking too we made our own Hot Cross Buns and Blancmange rabbits using some sweet little vintage moulds I picked up at a vintage kitchen stall.  Blancmange is very easy to make it's just cornflour, milk, flavouring (such as nesquick or vanilla extract) and colour (optional).  You just bring it to the boil and then simmer for a minute and poor into your mould.  Let it cool at room temperature and then put it on the fridge to set fully.  My husband and youngest daughter love it, I confess I'm not a fan.

I found this tutorial via Pinterest (I joined pinterest last year and I LOVE it).  Dyeing eggs using old silk ties it is truly amazing and very simple.
Click here to read the article   
I scoured all my local charity shops for silk ties and only found one, sadly.  The pattern is a little big for an egg but the colours were strong and it worked well.

I wish you and all you love joy and peace this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment