Thursday 9 February 2012

Make your gadgets sparkle.

This may not be strictly neccessary thrift but lets face it black gadgets are a bit boreing. I'm often tempted by those oh so pretty cath kidston phone covers and pouches but they are expensive! (and I don't own an i-phone)
 
So of course I thought what can I do myslef to protect my phone and jazz it up a little.  A very simple solution for a phone pouch would be to sew a retangular pouch in your favourite fabric and line it with micro fibre cloth and perhapps include a simple draw string closure.  In the true spirit of thrift you could use an old baby sock but this idea is a little lack lustre for me personally.

How about cross stitching your own design like in this brilliant tutorial here 

Of course if cross stitch isn't your thing you could just as easily mount a picture, photgraph, piece of fabric or scrap booking paper behind a clear cover.  The best thing about this design is you can change it as often as you like for litterally nothing.


Now how about this laptop key board - isn't it gorgeous!
Image from minifanfan
 

Get a full tutoria here. Kira recommends buying the Washi tape - a japeneese rice paper tape. from Etsy but if you don't want to wait for it to be posted to you here in the UK try nonesuch things.

My husband is hoping his work are going to provide him with a laptop so he can work from home and do bits and pieces on the train.  I've been saving some fabric that is right up his street and i've been waiting for the right project to use it.  I think a padded laptop case would be perfect, i'll post pictures if i make it as I know craft projects for men are always a little thin on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment